Most of the wireless routers and modems use 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.l.l as the default IP (Internet Protocol) HTTP //192.168.l.l address and also as an access point. This address can also be used by other devices that are connected through the private network. 192.168.l .l, 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.0.1 are also some of the addresses used by private networks. Among them, 192.168.l.l is the most commonly used address. This address is reserved by the Internet Assigned Authority for private use. These are also called hot addresses.
The wifi Router default login IP:
To access the web page of the Linksys Router you have to use 192.168.l.l as an IP address. This the most commonly used IP address. First of all, to access your router you have to type 192.168.1.1 in the browser’s address bar. After that when you get your routers admin panel, then you can modify the options for DNS, IP QoS, LAN, WAN, security options, network management, WLAN settings, PPPOE, MAC, WPS, DSL, and DHCP client.
Steps to Login with IP address 192.168.l.l ,192.168.1.1:
- Enter http://192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.0.1 in the browser URL bar or click on that link. [If 192.168.l.l is not your default IP address, then you have to go to Command Prompt (CMD) > type ip config > and check the address in Default Gateway.]
- Then enter your username and password to login to your router. If you are using a brand new router or failed to change the factory default settings, then the default username for the Linksys router will be either blank or no entry for the username, and the password is an admin.
- In the next step click on the Wireless menu option and set the Configuration View to Manual for seeing the SSID or network name used by the broadband network that you are using.
- Then select the Wireless Security menu option and note the Security Mode and Passphrase used in the network. In case they are not set, you can set them instantly.
- In the last Log out of the router menu for setting up and disconnect your computer from the router.
Problems faced while using HTTP //192.168.l.l:
- The router may fail and will not be responsive to the connections via the browser.
- The router may be set up already with a different IP address other than 192.168.1.1.
- Maybe the computer and the browser failed to join the network.
Resettings of the router:
|Default IP address
|<empty> or admin
|192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
Resetting a router to its default IP 192.168.l.l
when you Rest Linksys router to factory defaults then their is a need for IP address 192.168.l.l, This type of situation usually arises when user forgets the username or password of the router. In other case it can also happen in case,. the other router issues need to be resolved.So to reset the router, you have to follow the following steps.
- Press the reset button on the router which will be either in front or back of the router. Press the reset button for 10 seconds. After pressing the reset button for a while make sure that the router is switched off. Then when the indicator lights (The Internet, the Power light, and the WLAN light) of the router are turned back on, then you can release the button.
- Then use an Ethernet cable to establish a link between the router and the computer. In most cases of Linksys routers, it consists of 4 ethernet ports. The 4 ports may appear on the rear side of the router next to the reset button. Insert the Ethernet cable in any of 4 ports.
- In the next step, open a web browser that you use frequently. If there is an issue with the browser linking to the router, then simply switch to Mozilla Firefox to set up a connection with the router.
- Then enter 192.168.1.1 into the address bar of the browser and then select the ‘enter’ or the ‘return’ key. After entering you can see the page of the Linksys router setup. Then type your username and the password or leave it empty.
- Then you have to continue the setup with the Linksys router to establish an SSID or network name, the type of encryption, and passwords for the network.
Also checkout Another article:-10.0.0.0.1 – 10.0.0.1 Admin Login IP Address [Authorized]
How to set up a wireless Home Network with safety and security.
- First of all, you have to change the default username and password of your router. Then make sure that you use a strong password to prevent abstracts. It is a fact that most users believe that their router password is only known to them, but it is not right. Because if you use your router with the default settings, then there is a chance of hacking. It is a good idea to change the default IP address 192.168.1.1 into another from the same IP range.
- Then you have to set up a unique SSID. Most of the routers have their own default SSID or network name which is displayed in the user’s located within the device’s range. By knowing the SSID of a network, you can forcibly enter into a network. It is also possible to change the SSID from the router setup page and it must exclude the default corporate name.
- Then you can connect to all the electronic devices in your home by entering the encryption. If you have selected the WEP standard, then you have to establish a setup for altering the password to prevent hacking. Changing the password frequently is the best option.
- For filtering network access the wireless routers have the capability to track a MAC address. This will help as an extra layer of safety. BY sharing with wireless encryption MAC filtering can be more effective.
- Then turn off the SSID broadcast. Most of the wireless routers provide an option to broadcast the SSID at regular intervals Automatically. However, this can increase the chances of a third person to gain access.
- After unlocking the wireless network then clear the auto-linking page. It is better to disconnect manually after accepting the link which opens the network because the network which you are linking instead of the network you particularly use, can expose to the home network which results in the wireless devices to an extra safety risk.
- Then the next switch on the router’s firewall and all the computers on the network. Here you can configure the firewall on a Linksys router through the configuration panel. By switching, the router and the firewall of the clients who are using computers can be protected against network intruders.
About 192.168.1.1 Internet Protocol address:
The transmission of data from one system to another via the internet is called Internet Protocol. Every computer connected to the internet has an IP address. The data is divided into small pieces of information called dubbed packets when particular information is transferred or received. Each packet has a sender and received an IP address.
The packet is sent to the gateway computer and next to this, the computer interprets the destination address, progressing the packet to an adjacent gateway. Then the adjacent gateway reads the destination address on the internet until the gateway identifies the packets.
IPv4 is the most commonly used Internet Protocol Address. It is the 4th version of the internet protocol. Providing a huge number of internet users IPv6 is also getting maximum support. The power and features of IPv4 and IPv6 are almost similar.
we know that an IP address consists of a 32-bit numerical code. It can identify senders and receivers of information which are forwarded as packets on the internet. Each IP address consists of two parts an identifier of a specific internet network, and a device identifier of a network. The IP address consists of four numerals. Most people commit a mistake by typing a small letter L and P. This is incorrect. For example, 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.l.l look similar but both have a huge difference.
How do private IP addresses work?
A private network uses IP addresses in the following ranges.
- 168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255 (65,536 IP addresses).
- 16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255 (1,048,576 IP addresses).
- 0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255 (16,777,216 IP addresses).
The addresses of private networks are not unique because they are indirectly connected to the internet. For the protected network the private address ranges are used behind the network translation devices. this because in a private networks, the routers are connected to the internet and from there other devices like computers, laptops, mobiles, etc. are connected.
IP addresses can be used by anyone and even if anyone else is using the same IP, then it won’t be a problem because these are non-routable addresses.
By obtaining the real IP address your router can perform the Network Address Translation. NAT is the safest way to change your IP address.