QuickBooks users must be aware of the significance of a company file in the application. It is one of the most crucial components that store all your necessary financial data. As there can be more than one company file in a single QuickBooks account, at times, it can be difficult to manage all of them together. To avoid confusion and maintain your company files in a systematic manner, try merging the data files together. Refer to this article for detailed info on how to merge QuickBooks company files.
If you have questions on how to combine your data files in QB, reach out to our QuickBooks assistance team via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
Important Points to Remember Before Combining the QuickBooks Company Files
You must have a look at the following points as they are very crucial to follow before you perform the process of merging data files in QuickBooks-
- Create a similar accounts chart in the data files so that you can read the merged reports without any problem.
- Make sure the accounts have identical names and types in every report you create.
- There might be a possibility that you would require to sign in to the file and enable the multi-user mode.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15276
Step-by-Step Procedure to Merge Company Files in QuickBooks
Are you trying to combine your company files but facing difficulties while doing so? In this part of the article, we have mentioned the steps to combine the data files precisely. Check them out-
SOLUTION 1: Manually Export Reports
- First of all, run your QuickBooks Desktop and open the company file to export.
- Make a report for the company file, and after that, you require to export this file to an excel worksheet.
- Select the worksheet and store it on your system. You can save it to a location where you can find it easily.
- Now, run QuickBooks again and open another company file to make a similar report.
- Repeat the same steps as earlier; that is, export the report to a new sheet and then save it where you saved the former report.
- Next, go to Microsoft Excel and workbook.
- After that, merge both the created reports to a new Excel worksheet.
- At last, save it.
For an alternate process of merging company files, check out the second solution.
SOLUTION 2: Make Use of QuickBooks Feature to Combine the Company Files
- Go to your QuickBooks and select the ‘Reports’ menu.
- Several drop-down menu options will appear; you must tap ‘Combine Reports from Multiple Companies’.
- Now, move to the next data file and hit ‘Open’.
- Again, follow the 2nd and 3rd steps for another company file.
- Click on the ‘Select reports for combining’ option and choose the required reports for combining.
- Next, choose the ‘From’ and ‘To’ date range of the report.
- After that, click on a report basis.
- Finally, hit ‘Combine Reports in Excel’.
- You will see an Excel spreadsheet with the merged data.
We hope this informative blog on ‘Merge QuickBooks Company Files’ has given you a thorough understanding of how to perform the entire process. However, in case you face any issues while combining the files, immediately have a conversation with one of our experts at 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 6150