Embryology courses — What you need to know?
As infertility in India is on the rise, where every one couple in a six is going through challenges related to infertility, the demand for qualified professionals in embryology is rising.
Many super-specialty fertility clinics are offering assisted reproductive treatments. The field of assisted reproductive technology is continuously evolving, and this needs one to undergo the right training to become an embryologist.
An embryologist is an expert who does the study of eggs, sperm, and the embryos that they create. They are involved in IVF treatment of the patients right from the stage of diagnosis. The job of an embryologist is to test sperms and eggs to ascertain if there are any defects that they need to address before fertilization. The embryologists are responsible for following during an IVF cycle:
1. Evaluating and making ready high-quality sperm.
2. Evaluating and ascertaining the quality of harvested eggs.
3. Fertilizing the eggs with sperm at times they may have to use intracytoplasmic sperm injection, in which the sperm is injected into the cytoplasm of the egg.
4. Keeping a check on embryos when they are developing and ensuring their health and quality.
5. Perform assisted hatching when the outer shell of the embryo becomes thin. Then embryologists use a laser to help implant the embryo.
6. Loading of the best quality embryos into the transfer catheter for embryo transfer.
Another important role of embryologists is to perform preimplantation genetic diagnosis or PGD. During this test, they remove and analyze a single cell to rule out any genetic diseases in the embryo. This PGD process helps ensure the transfer of healthy embryos, which decreases the likelihood of miscarriage.
Qualification to be an embryologist:
1. A candidate who has passed Bachelor’s degree or Master’s degree in life sciences, zoology, biochemistry, applied microbiology, biotechnology, genetics, or molecular biology.
2 An M.B.B.S., BDS, BVSc, BHMS, or BAMS is qualified to become an embryologist.
How embryology courses offered by GGIRHR unique?
An embryology course is an opportunity for aspiring embryologists to enhance their knowledge and skills. At GGIRHR, we have the following unique features that help the aspiring embryologist develop the confidence to work immediately after their training:
1. The course provides extensive, hands-on experience to enable them to work as embryologists as soon as the candidates complete their course.
2. They develop extensive and in-depth knowledge of the process of human embryology.
3. We have weekend courses, weekend once courses where they can have their practice as well as attend fellowship courses at GGIRHR.
4. There is a one-year course as well as a lot of short-term courses for 15 days, one month, or six months.
5. Globally recognized standard is maintained while training people.
6. At GGIRHR, we leverage technology to train doctors. We use medical simulators, the virtual reality-based simulators, where the participant works in a completely immersive situation.
8. Students can learn about their mistakes without making mistakes on a real patient in the simulated environment.
So, if you are someone planning to do an embryology course, GGIRHR offers the best education in the field.
GGIRHR — Technologically advanced embryology course that gives you the confidence to work as soon as you finish training!