Everything You Need to Know About a Partner Visa!!

Partner Visa is a kind of Visa that allows the partner/ spouse of an Australian citizen or a New Zealand citizen to come and live in Australia either temporarily or permanently, depending on the class of Visa.

Let’s have a look at few types of partner visas to get an idea

  • In Future Marriage Visa (Fiance)- Subclass 300- This Visa allows you to enter Australia to marry your future partner. The rules for applying for this Visa are-
  1. You have to apply from outside of Australia, which means that you are not eligible for Visa if you are already staying in Australia.
  2. It is not a permanent visa; it’s valid only for nine months.
  3. This Visa will allow you to enter and leave Australia as often as you want.
  4. It will also allow you to study in Australia
  5. You can also apply for a permanent partner visa in Australia after your marriage.
  6. This Visa also allows you to work, but many companies usually don’t hire people with a temporary visa.
  7. Your visa sponsor must be over 18 years of age and shouldn’t have sponsored a person in 5 years.
  • Subclass 309 and 100- This Visa allows you the same benefits as the subclass 300, but another plus point of this Visa is that in this Visa, you fill a single application form and it is processed in 2 stages –
  1. In the 1st stage, you get a temporary visa which gives you all the benefits of subclass 300, plus you can also get the benefits of Australia’s health care scheme.
  2. In the 2nd stage, your temporary Visa is converted to a permanent visa; after two years, you become a permanent resident of Australia.

You can also include your children or other dependent relatives in this visa application.

  • Subclass 820 and 801- You can apply for this visa while you are in Australia; the rules for applying for this Visa are the same as the other partner visa subclasses. This means that your sponsoring partner must be an Australian citizen or an eligible New Zealand citizen. This Visa is also processed under two stages –
  1. In the 1st stage, you gain a temporary subclass 820 visa.
  2. In the 2nd stage, after two years you gain a Permanent Subclass 801 visa.

You can include your children’s and dependent relatives in this Visa also.

If you want to know more about these visas, you should visit a Visa Consultant or An Immigration lawyer.

If you are interested in applying for any of these visas, I would like to recommend HS Consultants Education & Migration to you. They are an Australia-based consultancy agency who expertise in immigration and study visas.

Leave a Comment