QuickBooks delivers its reliable bookkeeping services in many countries around the world. However, it can also gamble with internal issues like QuickBooks Error 6069, which stops users from working on their business data. On the off chance you also encounter this error on your PC, read this blog till the end to find out why this error develops and the techniques needed to eliminate it.
Feel free to approach our QB support team at 1-855-856-0042 for troubleshooting assistance.
All the 6XXX series errors are related to the company file, and you’ll encounter them while performing the data file tasks. The primary reasons you cannot access the financial data due to this error are mentioned below-
- QuickBooks fails to access the data file from its location due to a lack of folder permissions.
- QuickBooks company file is damaged due to a virus attack, and you cannot run it in the software due to its unreadable format.
- QuickBooks functions are limited by the Windows Firewall, which causes problems while opening or hosting the company file.
You will face this error code whenever you perform data file functions like creating, saving, opening, or restoring. The methods that’ll assist you in terminating this company file error from the software are mentioned below-
Solution 1- Assign Admin permissions to QuickBooks or log in with your Windows admin account
QuickBooks cannot open the company file if it is restricted from accessing the file location by the Windows firewall or insufficient folder permissions. You’ll run into this error code whenever you give the command to open or save a data file, and the software fails to access the location. You can easily resolve the issues by signing in with your Windows admin account from the login screen or granting admin rights to QuickBooks as described in the steps mentioned below-
- Go to the QuickBooks folder stored in the C: drive of your computer.
- Find the software launch file (QuickBooks.exe) inside the folder and right-click on it.
- Click the Properties option in the list and move under the Compatibility tab.
- Ensure the checkbox beside Run this program as administrator is marked and close the settings tab.
- Reopen your QuickBooks and execute the data file function that caused this error.
If the error stops you from executing the data file task, move to the next solution.
Read More : How To Fix QuickBooks Desktop Won’t Open
Solution 2- Mend your damaged company file with the help of the QB file doctor tool
Another reason for the development of this QB error can be a damaged company file that fails to run in the software. You can take the help of the QB tool hub to repair the file and make it usable in the software. Refer to these steps-
- Open the QB tool hub program on your computer and single-click the Company file issues menu.
- Select the Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool option from the list and go to the Browse option.
- Locate your data file and enter your QB admin password to run the tool.
- Wait until the tool completes and reopen QuickBooks.
This blog focuses on the reasons for QuickBooks Error 6069 appearing while company file tasks run in the software. The methods that must be used to remove the issue are also described in the blog, and we hope you use them to rectify the data file issues from your QBDT.
Speak to our team of QB experts at 1-855-856-0042 if the error appears again after using the solutions.