The fiber optic plates market is estimated to be valued at US$ 1.11 Bn in 2023 and is expected to exhibit a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period 2023 to 2030, as highlighted in a new report published by Coherent Market Insights.
Fiber optic plates are made of optical fibers which are bundled and polished on both ends to form a plate. These plates allow for the transmission of light/data through the core of each individual fiber. They are widely used in medical imaging, endoscopes, night vision cameras, and information distribution. They offer advantages such as high resolution, wide bandwidth, immunity to electromagnetic interference, and lightweight.
One of the key drivers for the fiber optic plates market growth is increasing application in optical telecommunication. Fiber optic plates help in transmitting large amounts of data over long distances through optical fibers. With growing digitalization and internet usage, the demand for high bandwidth telecommunication networks is surging which is fueling the demand for fiber optic plates. Additionally, increasing use of fiber optic plates in medical imaging devices such as endoscopes, laparoscopes is also boosting the market growth. These plates provide high quality images at resolutions as small as few microns which helps surgeons perform complex surgeries accurately. However, high manufacturing costs associated with fiber optic plates is a major challenge for market players.
– Fiber optic plates provide great functionality and versatility. Their capability to multiplex, demultiplex and image guidances makes them useful for various industrial and telecommunication applications.
– Glass has become the preferred material used for manufacturing fiber optic plates due to its stability and reliability. Glass plates offer thermal, mechanical and chemical stability.
– Leading players have made heavy investments in R&D to continuously innovate and develop superior fiber optic plate technologies.
– The manufacturing process of fiber optic plates is complex and requires high precision equipment which adds to the overall production costs.
– Fiber breakage can occur during the drawing, cleaving and splicing processes of manufacturing.
– Growing adoption of fiber optic networking infrastructure across telecom, military and industrial sectors is generating high demand for fiber optic components including fiber optic plates.
– Advancements in manufacturing technologies such as 3D printing offer opportunities to reduce production costs of fiber optic plates.
– Presence of alternative optical components that can perform similar functions as fiber optic plates.
– Trade barriers and fluctuations in price of raw materials impact the profitability of manufacturers.
The global Fiber Optic Plates Market Size is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting a CAGR of 4.8% over the forecast period, due to increasing demand for high bandwidth and cloud computing services.
Market size: The global fiber optic plates market size was valued at US$ 1.11 Bn in 2023 and is projected to reach US$ 1.58 Bn by 2030.
Regional analysis: Asia Pacific dominates the global fiber optic plates market and is expected to grow at the fastest pace during the forecast period. Countries such as China, Japan, and India are major markets in the region owing to the presence of leading communication networks and fiber optic component manufacturers.
Key players: Key players operating in the fiber optic plates market are Asahi Glass Co. Ltd. (AGC), Corning Incorporated, SCHOTT AG, Incom Inc., Hamamatsu Photonics K.K., Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd. (NEG), II-VI Incorporated, Hamamatsu Corporation, Saint-Gobain S.A., Asahi Kasei Corporation, Leoni AG, TDK Corporation, Mitsubishi Chemical Corporation, Furukawa Electric Co., Ltd., GS Plastic Optics.