The Government of India has launched an E-Way Bill (EWB) scheme to allow suppliers/transporters to create e-Way Bills for both intra-state and intra-state goods movements. In compliance with the GST Legislation and in accordance with Rule 138 of the CGST Rules, the Government has made it mandatory for individuals and companies that are suppliers/transporters to create an E-Way Bill. The GST Act demands that any registered citizen or taxpayer who carries or causes a movement of goods of a value exceeding Rs. 50,000 in relation to the supply; or for purposes other than the supply; or an inward supply by an unregistered entity shall create an e-Way Bill on the e-Way Bill portal.
The laws of the E-way Bill specify that a certain number be obtained from the Government’s system for all movements of goods meeting the stated specifications, and that particular number referred to as the E-way Bill Number must be included in the shipment. In this article we will look at Generate Consolidated E-Way Bills – All You Need To Know.
A combined e-way bill is generated if the retailer feels it is appropriate to transport a variety of shipments of products in a single-vehicle. In other words, if a single vehicle carries a number of shipments belonging to the same vendor, there is no need to deal with separate e-way bills for each shipment, but a combined e-way bill may be generated. This would make it simpler not just for the vendor, but also for the messenger, who would only have to deliver a single sheet of paper. E-way Bills must be distributed independently of whether or not the movement of goods is caused by supply or otherwise.
The dedicated e-Way Bill (EWB) platform has been introduced to issue e-Way Bills under the e-Way Bill scheme. The direct link to this portal is https:/ewaybill.nic.in/.
The National Informatics Center (NIC) has also launched the E-Way Bill APIs licensed by GST Suvidha Providers to help major organizations/transporters simplify the whole process by integrating their solution into the taxpayers’ ERP or the existing e-Way Bill system to deliver e-Way Bills in real-time.
What is E-Way Bill Consolidated (EWB)?
The Consolidated E-Way Bill (EWB-02) is a single document providing a description of all E-Way bills relating to shipments. If the supplier/transporter plans to transport a few shipments of goods in a single conveyance or vehicle, he/she can use the Unified E-Way Bill feature which is readily available on the E-Way Bill portal. However the supplier/transporter should be a carrier, or it should have made its own e-way bills in step-1 to use the consolidated EWBs facility.
Consolidated e-way bills are produced any time the supplier/transporter thinks it is necessary to transport a couple of shipments of goods in a single car. In other words, if a single vehicle holds more than one shipment belonging to the same provider, there is no need to deal with different e-Way bills for each shipment, but a combined e-Way bill may also be produced. This would not only make matters easier for the retailer, but also for the carrier, who will only have to submit a single paper.
Prerequisites for the production of consolidated E-Way bills
There are a few criteria that need to be met before an individual can produce combined e-Way bills. These prerequisites are laid out as follows:
- Registration at the Bill e-way portal.
- You may have an Invoice/Bill/Challenge relating to the shipping of merchandise.
- ID of the transporter or the vehicle no (for transportation by road).
- Carrier ID, Carrier Document No and date of the document (for transportation through rail, air, or ship).
- Apart from these, the taxpayer should have all the E-Way Bills of the individual consignments to be shipped in a single conveyance.
Step-by-Step Guide to Consolidated E-Way Bill On E-Way Bill Framework Site
A retailer or carrier can produce a combined e-Way Bill for several shipments online through the E-Way Bill (EWB) platform using a few easy measures.
- The provider/transporter must access the https:/ewaybill.nic.in E-Way Bill (EWB) framework portal using a web server on their desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone.
- When in the portal, press the Access button on the top right of the homepage.
- Enter your certificate (username and password) on the Login tab, complete the Captcha authentication, and press the Login button to activate the services offered by the E-Way Bill Framework.
- Now from the left pane, pick Merged EWB and press Create New. You will be referred to the EWB-02 or the Combined E-Way Bill form.
- After entering all the necessary information, press the Submit button to continue.
- If the reports have been submitted successfully, you will be routed to the Print Consolidated E-Way Bill Form, where you will see a rundown of the details shown on your computer.
- Note: A special 12-digit Unified E-Way Bill No. is created for you. You may also print the information as they may be useful in the case of items being shipped to the destination or receiver.
- In the following segment, we will show you how to print your newly produced Consolidated E-Way Bill No.
How to Re-Generate and/or Cancel a Consolidated E-Way Bill
If there is a need or a situation occurs, the supplier/transporter can also re-generate his/her E-Way Bill through the E-Way Bill System portal.
This can be done through the following steps:
- Make sure you are logged in on the E-Way Bill System portal. If not, then click the Login button and login using your credentials.
- From the left pane, select Consolidated EWB and click the Re-Generate option.
- You will be redirected to the form, where you will be asked to either enter the 12-digit E-Way Bill No. or the date on which the consolidated E-Way Bill was generated. You will also be asked to mention the reason for re-generating the bill.
- After providing the necessary details, click the Go button.
- Your Consolidated E-Way Bill will be generated and displayed on the screen.
Consolidated E-Way Bills can be canceled, is the person may desire to do so, by simply clicking the Cancel option under Consolidated EWB on the Dashboard. The supplier/transporter will only be required to enter their 12-digit E-Way Bill No. and then submit by clicking the Go button.
Note: The changes can be made on the bill as soon as it is cancelled.