Gynecomastia or abnormal enlargement of breast in men usually occurs due to factors such as hereditary, obesity, hormonal imbalance, and certain medications. The condition can occur at any age and affect your confidence, especially when baring your chest or wearing slim-fit shirts. Gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC is an ideal option to address enlarged male breasts.
Plastic surgeons in Manhattan perform this liposuction procedure using the FDA approved minimally invasive Smartlipo Triplex workstation. This liposuction device combines three laser wavelengths (1400nm, 1064nm and 1320 nm) to dissolve fat, coagulate tissues and tighten the skin. After administering local anesthesia, the surgeon will make a small incision at the site to insert a small cannula of the device. Laser energy is delivered to liquefy the excess fat which is then suctioned off easily using the cannula.
Laser liposuction requires less recovery time than conventional liposuction surgery. Experienced plastic surgeons in Manhattan will provide the guidance you need to prepare for the procedure as well as for after-care. It is necessary to follow these instructions for quick recovery. Along with this, follow these certain tips for a comfortable and smooth experience:
• Get proper rest. Take at least for a week off from work
• Eat healthy
• Stay hydrated by drinking at least 8 glasses of water every day
• Use the compression garment to control swelling and speed healing
• Cold compression or ice packs can reduce swelling and pain, but don’t apply them directly on the skin.
• Avoid alcohol
• Avoid smoking
• Take the recommended vitamins and micronutrients
• Wear loose fitted clothes over tight ones till the incisions heal
• Sleep on your back and support the procedure site with a pillow. Try to avoid sleeping on your tummy for at least two weeks after the procedure
• Perform light exercises based on your surgeon’s advice. Avoid doing strenuous exercises for a few weeks or till your surgeon gives you the green signal.
• Itching sensations are normal during the healing process, but avoid scratching the site.
• Take the prescribed medicines and avoid using blood thinning medicines like aspirin for at least one week
• Avoid driving for at least 24 hours after the procedure
• Closely inspect the incision site daily and if you find any signs of infection, contact your surgeon immediately.
Keep in mind that recovery time may vary from person to person based on the amount of fat removed and other factors.
The benefits of gynecomastia treatment using Smartlipo Triplex are:
• Low risk for complications
• Minimal scarring
• Short downtime
• Needs only local anesthesia
• Performed as an outpatient procedure
• Long-lasting results
• Fast recovery
Gynecomastia treatment in Manhattan, NYC is performed under experienced plastic surgeons. They make you comfortable throughout the procedure as well as customize the procedure to meet your aesthetic goals.