British Airways has been a part of the travel industry for 102 years as Aircraft Transport and Travel Limited. It was 1919 when the airline changed its name to British Airways. Over the years, the airline has been flying people in and out of the country to 183 locations. All the major operations and decisions of the airline are made from their headquarters in London, England, UK.
The airline makes sure that all of its services are available to all of its customers. Hence, they offer facilities both online on their website as well as offline at their office. From British Airways Booking to check-in, every service is available at the website of the airline.
This blog talks about the online check-in process of British Airways.
British Booking Check-in
With British Airways, you can check in your flight reservations in three different ways.
- Via Website
- At Office
The most convenient way to check in with British Airways is from their website or the app of the airline. This way you can avoid long queues at the airport, and you won’t have to visit three hours before the flight departure time.
Follow the below-mentioned steps to check in online from the official website of the airline.
- Open the British Airways website on your browser.
- Now, on the menu bar, you will find the option of check-in. Click on that.
- In the given space, enter your British Airways booking details. This includes the confirmation code that you must have received from the airline after the confirmation of the booking and the last name mentioned on your flight ticket.
- Your booking details will appear on your screen. Underneath that will be the check-in button; hit that.
- On the next page, you can add baggage and select your preferred seat here. This step is optional.
- Once done, confirm the check-in, and your boarding pass will appear on your screen.
- You can get it printed or download it and take the soft copy to the airport.
Use the same steps and check-in from the official app of the airline. You can also take the assistance of the customer care services of the airline, and an expert will help you check into your flight.
The classic way of checking into your British Airways booking is at the airport. However, people prefer the online mode more because it is more convenient and does not require you to reach the airport hours before the departure time.
Here you can go to the kiosk and check into your flight by entering the flight details asked for. Another way is to head to the check-in desk, and the staff of the airline will assist you with the checking process. All you have to do is provide them with the required details, and the team will do the rest for you and will provide you with the boarding pass.
However, checking in at the airport will cost you money, and checking into your British Airways booking online is completely free and can be done anytime between 1 to 24 hours before the flight departure time.