Sometimes what happens is, you subscribe to a blog that is continuously sending you a spam message. The disadvantage of these spam messages is that they push your important emails down into the list and take you much time to find them. If you need to block an email address on Yahoo Mail, then you are in the right place. This blog is all about how to block someone on Yahoo Mail. Like most popular email providers, Yahoo mail has provided an option to block email addresses from your account. Blocking spammy email addresses, you will not have to see any other messages from those senders ever again. All the news that a blocked contact sends you will be deleted automatically before you even see them.
Steps to Block Someone on Yahoo Mail
You can easily block someone by just typing their email address on the Blocked Address list from your settings page. Here is a step-wise process to how to block someone on the Yahoo Mail app. Blocking emails on Yahoo Mobile is possible on both Android and iOS devices. For this, download the app and follow additional steps, depending on the device you’re using.
To block someone on Yahoo Mail on your android device, you should take the following steps.
- First, open the Yahoo mail application on your Android device.
- Then, select or open an email from the sender you want to block.
- Then, click on the ‘More’ option, and then click ‘Block.’
- Now, select ‘Send all future emails to spam’ and then on the ‘Delete all existing emails’ option. If you wish to delete all the emails you’ve already received from that person, click on the ‘OK’ button.
- The above process is possible only if you’ve received at least one email from an individual you want to block on Yahoo mobile. In case you don’t have an email and want to block a particular individual, you should take then first go to the Yahoo mail app and then open the ‘Settings.’
- Then, click on the ‘Banned addresses’ option.
- Now, click on the ‘Add’ button and type the email address you want to block.
- Then, click on the ‘Ban’ button.
Here’s what you have to do to block emails on Yahoo mobile by your iPhone device.
- First, open the Yahoo email app on your iPhone.
- Then, open an email from a person you wish to block.
- Now, choose the ‘More’ option and click on the ‘Block.’
- At last, check the box of ‘Send all future emails to spam’ and then click on ‘Delete all existing mails’ options if you want to delete all the emails you’ve already received.
- Finally, click on the ‘OK’ button to save changes.
So, from the above post, you now know the answer to how to block someone on Yahoo Mail mobile. Blocking an email address prevents email from blocking addresses from reaching your account. This helps to make your inbox look more simple and cleaner. Most importantly, you will never have to miss an important email in your inbox.