Australia is one of the most famous destinations for international students across the world. Universities, courses, and all the educational facilities in Australia are among the best. Hence, many students prefer to migrate to the country to build their careers. Along with the world-class education, Australia also offers a high standard of living, a scenic environment, various job opportunities, and top-class healthcare facilities. However, like any other country, Australia has stringent immigration rules and regulations that one has to follow to move to the country.
If you are planning to study in Australia then you should know everything about the Australian student visa and what are the guidelines or the eligibility criteria for visa processing. After 2016, Simplified Student Visa Framework (SSVF) has been introduced and all students who want to apply for a study visa should apply for Subclass 500 visa.
In this article, we’ll discuss different aspects of the Australian student visa and what are the benefits of applying for this visa.
What are the requirements to apply for a Student Visa?
The Australian Student Visa is referred to as Subclass 500. To apply for this visa, you need to fulfill certain eligibility requirements such as:
- You must do your research and ensure that the particular course or degree you want to study should be registered with the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).
- The course you want to apply for should also be a full-time course, otherwise, you are not eligible for this visa
- You need to provide an electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCOE) certificate confirming admission to an Australian institution or university.
- Provide a Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement to notify that your intention to migrate to Australia is only to study and not to settle down.
- You need to pass IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE any of the English proficiency tests and submit the results of the test (if you are a non-native English speaker)
- You must provide proof that you have enough financial resources to manage your expenses during your study in Australia
- You must submit proof that you have no criminal record
- Pay the visa fees and submit proof that you have paid the necessary visa application fees.
- You must also have an Australian approved health insurance cover
What are the Steps to Apply for an Australian Student Visa?
There is a systematic process to apply for the Aus visa.
Step 1: Collect all the required documents mentioned earlier
Step 2: Apply for the visa online
Step 3: All your documents will be verified by the Australia immigration department
Step 4: You will get a notification from the concerned department that they have received your visa application
Step 5: You will get to know the status of your application
Visa application and process takes a lot of time. So, you must not lose patience and wait till you get notified from the concerned department.
What are the benefits of applying for a Subclass 500 visa?
Australia offers a lot of high-quality education and consists of the world’s best universities. Along with education, the holder of the Student visa (Subclass 500) will be able to:
- Get family members to Australia
- Travel anywhere in the country
- Take up part-time work during the course and will allow 40 hours of work every two weeks
- Can stay in Australia for 5 years with this visa and can extend after validity is over.