As of 1 July 2017, any seller wishing to sell products or services throughout India shall apply for a GST (Goods and Services Tax) except where the seller sells goods or services in excluded categories. The GST registration process is fully paperless, which means that it can take place electronically or digitally. No hard copies of actual printouts would be needed for enrolment.
When you register online with GST, you’ll get a range of tools to help you file your tax returns, track status, generate invoices and bills, and more. But it’s necessary for you to register online for GST and get all the services quickly. In this post, we will be looking at How To Register For GST Online – Complete Guide On GST Registration Process Online.
The much more significant reason why online GST registration is important is that it saves you from the hassle of physically visiting the Income Tax Office, which may be a long way from home. The other examples include easy and fast registration on the Internet from the comfort of your home. You’ll be pleased to hear that the online GST registration process is not a difficult task.
You can do this for any device that has a web browser and an active Internet connection. People are really engaged, and often they don’t have time to spare. The initiative recently introduced by the Government of India is therefore a requirement for the completion of online GST registration.
Step-by-Step Guide to GST Registration Process Online
If you don’t know anything about the GST portal/website, and if you want assistance with the online registration process, this step-by-step guide is for you to use to do your job. The procedure involved with applying for and qualifying for GST online is a very simple process and thus does not require hard copies of your records. It’s a fully online and paperless operation. You can also have a scanned copy of some of the essential documents that can be submitted electronically via the GST Registration process. This simple approach will definitely save you a great deal of precious time and effort.
Below are the measures required to register with GST on-line, which will further allow you to access critical goods and services tax services (GST).
- First of all, just open your web browser and visit the https:/gst.gov.in official GST website. Type or join a connection as defined here.
Note: You can reach the website from your desktop PC, laptop, tablet or smartphone with an active Internet connection (Ethernet/LAN, Wi-Fi or Hotspot). The web browsers that are supported are Firefox, Chrome, Edge, and Safari.
- After accessing the GST portal, you will need to click the Services menu at the top bar, then press the Login icon and click the New Log option again. You will be automatically taken to the GST Login page to complete the online registration process.
- The online GST Registration page is split into two parts, Part A and Part B, which must be filled by you, whether you are a taxpayer, a carrier or an individual.
4.The latest radio registration button will be selected automatically for you when you register for a new GST registration. It should also be noted that the fields with a red asterisk symbol signify that they are mandatory and that information must be supplied.
Note: The User Credentials and OTP Authentication sections can be displayed or noted at the top of the Current Registration Form. The details required to be decided by you as a taxpayer are set out in the following terms:
- In the “I am a” sector, select the option that best suits you from the drop-down list box. For example, if you’re a taxpayer, pick a tax payer.
- Outside the State/UT region, you will need to pick your chosen place of origin or state from the list you are given.
- And then you will be asked to type or enter the name of your district in the state you have selected (optional).
- You will need to offer the name of your organisation that fits your business area with the PAN card.
- Type or insert your PAN number in the Permanent Account Number (PAN) area.
- 10. You will still need to have a valid e-mail address that you would usually use.
Note: Please verify that you have a legitimate e-mail address to receive an OTP code that will be sent to your e-mail address.
11.Finally, you need to have the right phone number in the Cell Number area.
Note: This is needed to get an OTP code on the phone number that you entered separately in the online GST Registration process.
Twelve. Once you include or enter all the necessary information in the online GST Registration form, you will need to press the Proceed button below to begin.
- You will then be taken to the OTP Verification portion of the online GST Registration form, which will be shown on your phone.
- On the Verify OTP tab, you are expected to enter the OTP code in the Mobile/Email OTP field that was sent to you on the mobile number and e-mail address you given or submitted in the online GST Registration form.
Note: If you haven’t got an OTP code on your phone and/or e-mail address, you may want to press the Need OTP connection to be resentful? Please click here. The OTP code will be sent to you again. The OTP code will only be available for 10 minutes after it has expired.
- After inserting the OTP code in the appropriate area, press the Proceed button to continue. Wait for the procedure to be finished.
It’s 16. After complete completion of the OTP verification process, the device will automatically create a Temporary Reference Number (TRN) for you, and you will be able to display it on your phone.
It’s 17. Again, press the Proceed button.
Eighteen. And you’ll be brought to the New Login page again, and you’ll need to make sure that you’ve chosen the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) option at the top.
- In the Temporary Reference Number (TRN) field, you will need to enter the TRN that was previously created for you then complete the Captcha code and press the Proceed button to continue.
Twenty. After pressing the Next button, the OTP Verification page will be shown again on your computer. This time, you will get a new OTP code on your phone and e-mail address.
- Now just check your phone and e-mail that you have got an OTP code and type it in the Telephone or Email OTP area.
Note: The OTP code sent to your mobile number and e-mail address is only valid for 10 minutes.
- When you enter the OTP code, just press the Proceed button again and wait for the authentication process to be finished.
- After the OTP authentication process has been successfully completed, you can see the My Saved Application tab on your phone. You will be granted a maximum time of 15 days to apply your application online along with the correct information.
- Click the Edit icon (with a blue square and a white pen) in the Action column and take the next steps to fill in your GST Submission Form.