QuickBooks, a widely used accounting software, streamlines daily business tasks with its extensive features. Despite its complexity, it efficiently meets businesses’ accounting needs. However, the software is prone to errors due to technical glitches. QuickBooks Error 6105 is a common issue, often known as condensed data Error, occurring during the destruction of a company file to make space for new files. This process can lead to file damage. To address QuickBooks Error 6105 and related unspecified errors like 80004005 or 80004003, this article provides tips for resolution. If you encounter difficulties, our experts at QuickBooks helpline +1-800-360-4183 are available to assist you. Understanding the roots of the issue is crucial before implementing the suggested solutions.
What causes QuickBooks error 6105?
QuickBooks error message 6105 can be caused by one or more of the following reasons:
- Error 6105 occurs if the file you are working on cannot be found in the system.
- The QuickBooks accounting software on your computer is not original, or the software is not installed correctly.
Solutions to QuickBooks Error Code 6105:
Solution 1: Reboot Your Computer
- Rebooting your computer can resolve many system and software-related issues, potentially fixing QuickBooks Error 6105.
- Rebooting stops all applications, freeing up resources and resolving background processes.
Solution 2: Check the Company File Installation
- Log in to QuickBooks with admin credentials.
- Open your company file.
- Choose utility options and back up the company file for compression.
- Select the file, verify, host the file, and check.
- Allow the verification process to be completed and reconstructed.
Solution 3: Perform a Clean Installation
- Error code 6105 may result from malware or bugs. A clean reinstall of QuickBooks can help.
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Go to Control Panel, select Programs and Features, find QuickBooks, and choose the uninstall option.
- Reinstall QuickBooks Desktop, launch as an Administrator and try opening your company file.
Solution 4: Use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Service
- If previous solutions fail, use QuickBooks Auto Data Recovery Tool to fix Error 6105.
- Install the tool from Intuit’s website and run it to address data corruption issues.
Solution 5: Run QuickBooks Desktop as Admin
- Close QuickBooks desktop.
- Right-click on QuickBooks Desktop and choose Run as Administrator.
- Select Yes when the dialogue box appears.
Solution 6: Basic Troubleshooting Steps
- Copy the company file to your desktop.
- Attempt to open the file in QuickBooks.
- Rename the .TLG file (to .TLG1 or another name) and restart QuickBooks desktop.
The six troubleshooting methods outlined in this post should have helped resolve QuickBooks Error Code 6105 in most cases. In the rare event that the issue persists despite following all the provided steps, feel free to reach out to us for advanced assistance. Our QuickBooks Enterprise support experts, along with U.S.-based accounting professionals, are available 24×7 to provide you with the best support services. Contact us via our customer support helpline at 1-800-360-4183 to connect directly with our team, and we’ll work to fix the error on your behalf.