QuickBooks is a cloud-based accounting application that caters to the needs of small and medium-sized business organizations. However, there are times when the software encounters some backend glitches. The QuickBooks Error 6073 arises mainly when a user is accessing your company file in the single-user mode on another workstation. The trigger text “QuickBooks is unable to open this company file” pops up on the screen, and this leads to the crashing of the system. Follow our blog below to become aware of the possible causes and methods to undo this error.
If you are tired of facing the QuickBooks Error 6073 and seek professional help, get in touch with our certified pro-advisors for a quick resolution. Ring the 1.800.579.0391.
How do you incur QuickBooks Error 6073?
- If another computer is accessing the company file in the single-user mode.
- If a remote system is accessing the company file on a third-party operating system.
- If a user is trying to access the company file using numerous login credentials.
- The company file is stored on a Read-Only network.
Read Also – QuickBooks Error 1603
How can you Fix QuickBooks Error 6073?
Let us understand the easiest tricks to resolve the QuickBooks Error 6073. Follow the instructions carefully-
Method 1- Unhide the QuickBooks files
- Double-click on the My Computer icon on your keyboard.
- Tap on the Tools tab.
- Choose the Open Folder options.
- Move to the View tab.
- Select the Hidden File and Folders option.
- Navigate to the folder which holds the Network Data files (with the .ND extension) and the Transaction Log files (with the .TLG extension).
- Hover over each of these files.
- Right-click on the files.
- Select the Properties option.
- You should see a Hidden box or option in the window.
- Hit the OK button.
- Refresh the page.
- Try to access QuickBooks now.
Method 2- Rebuild the Network Data file
- Hover over the Windows icon on your screen.
- Click right on the icon.
- Select the Open Windows Explorer option.
- In the following window, type the QuickBooks Company file in the search bar given on top.
- You will see a number of files located in this folder.
- Click right on the Network Data file and the QuickBooks Company file.
- Tap on Rename.
- Add .OLD at the end of these files so that their extension is changed.
- This will create a new Network Data file for the company file.
- Now, open QuickBooks.
- Access your company file from here.
With this blog, we have understood that the QuickBooks Error 6073 can arise in various situations where a user attempts to access the company files on the single-user mode or third-party softwares. We hope that the steps mentioned above helped you rectify the same without any hassles. If you require professional on-call assistance, get in touch with our experts at 1.800.579.0391 right now.