When a user tries to download, the most recent tax tables and forms from Intuit servers, QuickBooks Error PS038, occurs. It could also happen if you try to deposit payroll into the workers’ bank accounts directly. Users must ensure they have updated all recent updates for the desktop software and that they have a backup of their corporate files before they may install the most recent text tables on their PC. Users then need to verify that the payroll data is accurate by checking it.
If you need a quick resolution for QB error ps038 before proceeding with these steps, contact our experts at 1.855.738.2784
Step 1: Keep your QuickBooks data up to date and back up
Make sure to update QuickBooks Desktop to the most recent version and make a backup copy of your company file before carrying out the procedures below.
Step 2: Send in your use or payroll data
- Click My Payroll Service, then click Send Usage Data under Employees section. If you can’t see this selection, move on to the next.
- Select Send Payroll Data under Employees.
- Click Send All in the Send/Receive Payroll Data box. If asked, enter your payroll service pin.
Try to obtain payroll updates once again if the transmission was successful. If you still see the QB error code ps038, proceed to the next steps.
Read More: I’m Facing QuickBooks Error 324
Step 3: Identify stuck paychecks
- Select Find from the Edit menu.
- The Advanced tab should be chosen.
- Select the Advanced tab.
- From the Filter selection in the Choose Filter section, choose Detail Level.
- Choose Only Summary.
- Return to the Filter list in step 6. Select Online Status from the list at the bottom, then click Online to Send.
- After that, choose to see, and you will see any paychecks that weren’t delivered to Intuit.
- The “Number of matches” is shown in the Find window. Go to Step 4 now.
Step 4: Verify and rebuild your data
- Close the Find window before doing a data verification. This will display the backlog of unsent paychecks.
- Rebuild your data file next.
- If you still get an issue after trying to download your payroll updates a second time, move on to Step 5.
Step 5: Toggle the stuck paychecks
- Examine the oldest stalled cheque.
- Click the option marked Paycheck Detail.
- Add the same earnings item as the final earnings item in the list under Earnings in the Review Paycheck window. Example: If Hourly Rate is the final item on the list, add another item for earnings with the same name to the list.
- You will see the message “Net Pay Locked.” Choose No.
- Verify that the tax amounts and net pay have not changed. Choose OK.
- If a Past Transaction notification appears, choose Yes.
- To finish the paycheck, click Save & Close.
- When the Recording Transaction caution box appears, click Yes.
- Reopen your pay check and proceed with selecting the Paycheck Details button.
- Remove the newly added earnings items from the Earnings section.
- Verify that the net salary and tax amounts have not changed. Choose OK.
- Repetition is necessary for each of the stopped pay checks discovered in Step 2; do so.
- After you are done, go back to Step 1 and get the most recent tax table.
These solutions served millions of users resolving the QuickBooks error PS038. However, if none of the above did not work, do not hesitate to contact our support staff at 1.855.738.2784.
Really Helpful To Learn : How To Resolve QBDBMGRN Not Running On This Computer