QuickBooks Error H202 is a commonly reported error in the application, which can arise while running the QBW company files. This error can prevent users from working on the company data in a multi-user mode and can arise due to many possible reasons, like inappropriate DNS settings and wrong IP address. If you are getting the QuickBooks Error H202 and are unable to access the data files, follow the solutions given below to easily address it.
If you are having trouble understanding the steps or eliminating the error message on your own, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get direct help from our technical support team.
Possible Triggers & Causes for the QuickBooks Error Message H202
If you are facing the QuickBooks Desktop error H202, the following common reasons & factors might be responsible –
- Windows firewall is causing a blockage, which is preventing QuickBooks from exchanging data between QB and the server.
- The hosting settings on your host PC are incorrect or misconfigured, which is preventing users from accessing the data files correctly.
- The IP address on the server computer is incorrect or invalid, or QuickBooks is unable to fetch the correct IP address, which is leading to access issues.
- Essential utilities and files, like the database service or the ND file, are not running correctly, and they might be missing from the system.
Easy Solutions to Rectify the QuickBooks Multi-User Error H202
QuickBooks company file error H202 can be reliably addressed by using the methods mentioned below –
Method 1 – Test the Network Connection by Running the CMD Command from the Run Tab
You can dismiss the QB error code H202 by verifying the internet connectivity from the run window.
- Press the Windows + R keys to access the Run tab and type CMD on the search box to run the command, and note your server name to ping the server from the workstation.
- Next, type ping (server name) in the appeared box and hit Enter to check if the data packets are sent correctly, and if you get a slow response or a packet loss intimation, there are network issues that need to be fixed.
Method 2 – Check the Running Status of the QB Services and Restart Them from the Recovery Tab
You need to ensure that essential services are running correctly and restart them in the following manner –
- From the Run window, run the services.msc command and choose the QuickBooks Database version you are using to select the Startup Type option.
- Select Automatic as the startup type and choose Running for the service status, if not already selected, followed by going to the Recovery tab.
- From the appeared drop-down menu, select the First & Second Failures, followed by choosing the Subsequent Failure option to restart the service.
You can use the solutions provided above to terminate the QuickBooks Error H202. If the error message persists, you can reach out to us at 1-855-856-0042 to get immediate assistance from our QB experts.