Microsoft Outlook email client is a fast developing email client-attracting more and more users day by day. In such a situation, users seek solutions and methods to move data from various email clients to Outlook.
To all those questions, “How to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook?” is also a search on Google. Users cannot move Thunderbird data directly into Outlook due to the uneven format and structure.
How to Export Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook PST?
Mozilla Thunderbird is an open-source application for chat, news, and messenger, while MS Outlook is a remarkable product of Microsoft Office-suite. When a user wants to convert data from Thunderbird email to Outlook PST format, there are two types: manual and straightforward.
Method 1: Migrate Thunderbird to Outlook PST manually
Mozilla Thunderbird provides mailbox data in MBOX file format, but the user requires a PST file for Outlook 2019/2016/2013/2010/2007.
- To migrate mailboxes from Thunderbird to Outlook, first go to Gmail.
- Click the gear icon, select “See All Settings,” and click the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Enable the IMAP protocol under IMAP Access and then click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- Now open a new tab in the browser, search for “Google less secure app,” go to the first link of Google and then enable the button.
- Run Mozilla Thunderbird and set up an account with Gmail over the IMAP protocol.
- When successfully creating the account, go to the Thunderbird interface and create a new folder under the Thunderbird-Outlook account.
- Drag all emails/attachments to the new folder of thunderbird-outlook.
- Run Microsoft Outlook, go to Account Settings and click New Account
- Set up an account in Outlook with the Gmail IMAP protocol.
- After setting up an account, your mailbox syncs automatically in your Microsoft Outlook account.
Here I have described manual methodology to migrate Thunderbird to Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, etc. You can use MailsDaddy Thunderbird to Outlook converter and open data in PST file format in a few easy clicks for the immediate result.
Method 2: One solution for Thunderbird to PST migration
MailsDaddy Thunderbird to PST Converter Tool is the most effective and easiest way to import emails from Thunderbird to Outlook. As we know, in manual processes, users face many hurdles, and it is also lengthy.
This single solution has various advanced features that meet the user requirement and provide 100% secure conversion from Thunderbird to PST.
Steps to Convert Thunderbird to Outlook PST
- Download, install and run the software on Windows OS.
- Click the Add File button and have Thunderbird load profile emails automatically.
- Press the Export button to initiate batch migration from Thunderbird to PST.
- Select PST file format with a conversion option: Single PST or Separate PST for all TB profiles.
- Save destination in the local machine, then press the export button to convert Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Click on the OK button when the confirmation window pop-up.
Note: The user can also move Thunderbird Maildir data to Outlook PST format with the software.
One can convert user data from Thunderbird to Outlook by following the above methods. Although the problem increases a bit in the manual process with the solution, you can convert Thunderbird to PST in just a few simple clicks. There is also a free version of Thunderbird to PST Converter available, which allows the user to convert up to 20 emails from each mailbox.