Park assist cameras are advanced driver-assistance systems that provide the driver with a visual display to help navigate a vehicle safely when parking, manoeuvring at low speeds, or pulling out of parking spaces. Park assist cameras use a wide-angle camera mounted on the rear or front of vehicles to provide real-time video output of the area around or behind the vehicle on an in-vehicle display screen. This assists drivers in parking and navigating tight spots by providing a wider field of view alongside conventional mirrors. The technology helps prevent accidents during parking by alerting drivers to obstacles that may not be visible directly.
- Growing demand for safety features – Government regulations mandating the integration of safety features alongside rising consumer demand for driver-assistance technologies are driving the demand for park assist cameras. Automakers are increasingly offering park assist cameras as standard safety features across their vehicle lineups to meet regulatory norms and customer expectations.
- Ease of parking – Park assist cameras provide drivers with an enhanced field of vision to easily manoeuvre vehicles in and out of parking spots even in challenging conditions. This convenience factor has boosted product adoption as it reduces stress while parking. The wide-angle view from park cameras eliminates blind spots and allows effortless parking with a single glance at the display screen inside the vehicle.
The park assist camera market can be segmented into Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), Aftermarket, and Direct Channel. The OEM segment dominates the market as park assist cameras are increasingly being integrated in new vehicles. This segment is expected to continue its dominance over the forecast period owing to new technologies and increased vehicle production.
- Political: Stringent safety regulations imposed by Governments mandating the installation of park assist cameras in vehicles are fueling market growth.
- Economic: Rising vehicle production and higher disposable income of consumers are positively impacting market revenues.
- Social: Increasing concerns regarding safety of pedestrians and reversing vehicles are driving the adoption of park assist cameras.
- Technological: Advancements in camera modules, sensors, connectivity, and display integration are supporting new product development.
The Global Park Assist Camera Market Demand is expected to witness high growth, exhibiting 13% CAGR over the forecast period, due to increasing vehicle production and safety regulations.
The Asia Pacific region dominates the market and is expected to grow at the fastest rate owing to high vehicle production in China, India, Japan, and South Korea. China represents the largest market share in the region.
Key players operating in the Park Assist Camera Market are Continental AG, Valeo, Robert Bosch, Denso Corporation, Magna International, Ficosa, ZF Friedrichshafen, Gentex, Aptiv, Renesas Electronics.
Key players focus on developing affordable and compact camera modules with enhanced night vision, object detection, and surround view capabilities to cater to increasing demand. Collaboration with automakers helps establish long-term supply relationships.
Regional analysis related content comprises Regional analysis related content
The Asia Pacific region dominates the global Park Assist Camera market with a share of over 40% in 2023. China represents the largest market followed by Japan and India. This is attributable to the rising vehicle production and sales in the region. The Asia Pacific market is projected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period, progressing at a CAGR of 15%, due to ongoing technology adoption, increasing safety awareness, and favorable government policies promoting vehicle safety in emerging countries.
Read More –