Easy availability and consumption of milk products like yogurt, whey-protein drinks, sour cream, cheese, reducing acid reflux symptoms, and increasing prevalence of osteoporosis are the factors driving the market for probiotic ingredients.
Market Size: USD 267.2 million in 2019, Market Growth: CAGR of 8.9% Market Trends: Surging demand and awareness about immunity boosters.
The global Probiotic ingredients market is foreseen to expand from USD 267.2 million in 2019 to USD 497 million by 2027, with a CAGR of 8.9%. The rising trend for health-conscious lifestyle and awareness regarding immunity boosters is driving the market for probiotic ingredients.
Probiotics are live organisms, especially bacteria that offer health benefits to the human body. Health professionals have recognized the advantages of consuming probiotic foods that improve human health and nutrition. It is scientifically proven that probiotics play a critical role in digestion, respiration, and immunology of the body that lowers the chances of causing infectious diseases in high-risk populations and children.
The increasing need for dietary supplements in various sectors, such as cosmetics, pharmaceuticals, and personal care is estimated to increase the demand for probiotics, which will boost the probiotic ingredients market.
The best way to ingest probiotics is through dairy products. They maintain the microbial flora in the gastrointestinal tract. Buttermilk, flavored milk, milk powder, fermented dairy beverages, and some whey-protein-based drinks like yogurt, sour cream, ice-cream are some of the probiotic products available worldwide.
The global market for functional foods and probiotics is rising rapidly. The growing consumer demand is promoting the global consumers to manufacture dairy as well as non-dairy products that contain probiotic bacteria.
Probiotic consumption offers various health advantages, such as improved gut flora and decreased inflammation of the intestines. When added in beverages, it helps to maintain the salt balance and reduces dehydration. As they help in improving the immune system, the chances of disease occurrence are lowered. Moreover, the rising cognizance of probiotics products is escalating the growth of the market.
Key players in the probiotic ingredients market include:
DowDuPont (U.S.), Kerry (Ireland), Bifodan (Denmark), Biena (U.S.), Probi (Sweden), UAS Laboratories (U.S.), Biogaia (Sweden), Glac Biotech (Taiwan), and Lallemand (Canada).
To identify the key trends in the industry, click on the link below: https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/probiotic-ingredients-market
For the purpose of this study, Reports and Data has segmented the Probiotic Ingredients Market based on source, application, end-use, form, and region:
Source Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Other Genus
- Spore Formers
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Animal Feed Probiotic
- Probiotic Dietary Supplements
- Probiotic Food & Beverages
End-use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Animal Probiotics
- Human Probiotics
Form Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Bran and fiber
- Dry Form
- Liquid Form
Regional Outlook (Revenue, USD Million, 2017 – 2027)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East & Africa
Further key findings:
- In 2019, the bacterial synthesis sub-segment accounted for 32.1% of the global probiotic ingredients market in the production method segment.
- The bacterial sub-segment is expected to hold a significant share of the market due to the bacteria’s various health benefits. The most common strain used as a probiotic ingredient is gram positive bacteria belonging to the genus bacillus.
- On the basis of application, the Probiotic Food and Beverage products segment is predicted to expand to USD 243.25 million by 2027 at a considerable CAGR through the forecast period.
- The animal feed probiotic segment is predicted to observe a CAGR of 8.7% from 2020 to 2027.
- North America is predicted to hold a significant market revenue share owing to the high incidences of food and beverage and pharmaceutical manufacturers, and the emphasis on including probiotic ingredients in end products. Improved consumer awareness and strict government rules regarding conservation livestock have driven the market in this region.
- In 2016, Lallemand Health Solutions introduced their unique probiotic formula that reduces anxiety, stress, and mood balance.
- Asia Pacific is expected to exhibit the highest growth during the projected period with a CAGR of 10.3% due to the mounting demand for probiotic ingredients in China, Japan, and South Korea.
Get a Free Sample now@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2916
Ask for your specific company profile and country level customization on reports.