The best-regarded accounting software, QuickBooks, has been preferred by most businesses to take care of their business financially. It offers the user to perform various tasks using its different services. Although the application has a pretty good user interface, the customers might get triggered with ‘QuickBooks Display Issues’. You might face problems with the font size, icon size, or even see a blank screen when trying to open QuickBooks Desktop. Refer to this article to gather detailed info on the error’s causes and solutions.
Feel free to have a conversation with our team of experienced QuickBooks professionals for technical guidance regarding the ‘QuickBooks Display Issues’ via our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391.
What Evokes the Display Errors in QuickBooks?
Are you confused as to why all of a sudden, your QuickBooks screen is displaying strange fonts and icons? Go through the points mentioned below to know the reasons that trigger the issue-
- Your Windows DPI settings are wrong.
- There is also a possibility that the DPI settings of your QuickBooks Desktop are also incorrect.
- The inaccurate ‘View Preferences’ settings in QuickBooks can cause the error to arise as well.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 30159
How to Resolve Display Issues in QuickBooks Desktop?
Quickly debug the display issue in QuickBooks by taking reference from this section of the blog. We have precisely given the step-by-step solutions to get through the error within minutes. Read further to know more-
SOLUTION 1: Re-Configure the Display Settings of your Windows
- Go to the Windows ‘Start’ button and move to the ‘Settings’ option.
- Hit ‘System’ and then ‘Display’.
- Several options will be displayed for changing the display settings, like Scale, Layout, Color Calibration, and Display Resolution.
- For instance, to change the text sizes or size of the app icons, click on the ‘Scale and Layout’ option and choose the option you want from the drop-down menu.
- Similarly, set up the screen resolution by going to the drop-down arrow under the ‘Display Resolution’ option.
- To edit more display settings, accordingly select the options and save the changes.
SOLUTION 2: Check for the QuickBooks Desktop DPI Settings
- First of all, close QuickBooks if it is already in use.
- Click on the Windows ‘Start’ section and type ‘QuickBooks’ in the search bar.
- Right-click on the application’s icon and jump to the ‘Open file location’ option.
- When the folder opens, select the ‘QuickBooks.exe’ file.
- Right-click on it to access ‘Properties’.
- In the following window, move to the ‘Compatibility’ menu.
- Select the ‘Disable display scaling on high DPI settings’ checkbox.
- You can also tap ‘Change high DPI settings’ and then ‘Override high DPI scaling behavior’.
- At the end, click ‘Apply’ and ‘OK’.
As we conclude our blog here, we hope these experimented troubleshooting methods will help you to overcome the ‘QuickBooks Display Issues’ completely and instantaneously. The next time you come across such an issue, do remember to change the display settings or the DPI settings of Windows and QuickBooks. Make sure to follow these given solutions as they are easy to understand and effective at the same time. However, if the error does not get resolved, immediately connect with one of our certified experts through 1.800.579.0391.
Recommended to read : QuickBooks Error 15102