Digital has been the way out for many years now, and COVID-19 has made it very clear for the entire world. Be it the effortless ordering of groceries or the remote working norms that’s been under practice for nearly three quarters of 2020, digital has made lives easier, convenient, and reliable. With that being said, accessing handymen has never been this difficult. Both people and service providers fear stepping out, and the physical bridge between the two has expanded even more.
The ‘new’ normal focuses on reconstructing this bridge virtually rather than physically. Having an on-demand app for home services can be ideal in the current scenario and apps like Housejoy, Urban Company (UrbanClap), etc., help in achieving the same. Contacting service professionals for vehicle maintenance or electrical repairs isn’t a strenuous task anymore. With just a few taps on smartphones, users can access a wide range of home service professionals under one roof.
From an entrepreneurial perspective, one can transform this idea of connecting service providers with users in need into a profitable business venture. Are you an entrepreneur who aims to launch an on-demand Housejoy clone app? If so, here are some key strategies that help you gain unparalleled success.
#1 Settle for the best business model
The business model lays the initial foundation for a successful home services app. The two popular business models include,
- Supplier-pick model: This type of model is popular in taxi apps like Uber, Lyft, etc. Here, users specify the type of services alone. The dispatcher algorithm detects service providers in the vicinity and assigns them with the users seamlessly. User satisfaction rate in this model is less as there are high chances that service providers fall below their expectations in terms of performance.
- Buyer-pick model: In this model, users specify both the type of services and choose their desired service professionals as well. This way, customers become the ultimate deciders. Customer satisfaction goes through the ceiling in this model. Apps like Urban Company are based on this model.
It is entirely up to you to decide the type of business model that suits you based on your resources.
#2 Integrate cutting-edge features
What makes a home services app stand apart? A variety of factors have an impact on making the platform unique. However, if you can narrow down one critical factor that can create an unmatched visual appeal, it is inevitably the features of the platform. Here’s a list of unique features to consider during Housejoy clone app development.
- In-app wallet: Enable users to pay service providers effortlessly via an in-built wallet. This way, users needn’t enter their account details every time during payment.
- Multilingual support: Cater to the local audience and establish a global presence concurrently by integrating a multilingual support feature. This way, users can access the platform in the language of their choice.
- Advanced search bar: Proffer users the ability to search service professionals by applying numerous filters. As a result, users are highly satisfied, leading to tremendous engagement rates.
- In-app alerts: Provide instant notifications to users on upcoming bookings, exclusive deals, etc., in no time in the form of personalized push notifications.
- In-app chat/call: Pave the way for a streamlined communication flow between users and service providers by incorporating a chat/call feature. This way, users can instruct service providers on the specific nature of work.
- Fare calculator: Let users calculate the exact fare by specifying information like the type of work, the total number of hours required, etc., with the help of an in-built calculator.
#3 Choose the appropriate revenue models
Upon choosing the business model and unique features, it is time to determine the income-generating streams in your Housejoy clone app. Here’s a list of revenue streams to worth-considering in your application,
- Commissions from service providers: Service professionals get consistent bookings from customers through the platform. As a result, the platform owner receives a fixed percentage of customer payment as paid commissions.
- Subscription charges from customers: In today’s fast-paced world, customers are ready to pay to enjoy premium benefits. Leverage this idea by introducing a wide variety of subscription plans with varied pricing. This way, users’ subscription charges add to the income tally as well.
- Featured listing charges: Users prefer to opt for those service providers who appear on top of users’ search results. Hence, service providers pay the platform owner listing charges to appear on top of the page, leading to better visibility and hence enhanced profits.
- In-app ad charges: Advertisements are a great monetization strategy worth-considering in your Housejoy like app. You can levy ad charges from third-party brand owners based on views, clicks, impressions, etc.
The market for online home services is accelerating with a massive CAGR of almost 50%, witnessing a tremendous incremental growth of $869.95 billion between 2017 and 2022. As an entrepreneur, do not have second thoughts about venturing into the exponentially-growing home services sector. Choose the right business model, incorporate USPs, work on your revenue streams, and launch your Housejoy clone app right away.