True, Take care of a friend or family member with dementia, creates a lot of problems for the family and those who care for them. People with dementia such as Alzheimer’s and related diseases have a progressive brain disorder that makes it more and more difficult for them to remember anything, for example, they can forget things, they cannot think properly, they cannot communicate with others or take care of themselves. Furthermore, dementia can cause mood swings, and even change a person’s behavior.
At Residential Care Home in East Sussex, We know very well that working with dementia people is so challenging, but it is also very appreciating. Providing our specialist dementia training for our carers has an immense effect, in the following ways:
- It clarifies that biological component of dementia care (anatomy/physiology of the brain and contrasting dementias)
- It helps them to understand how dementia affects the customer and their family.
- This allows the carers to plan and handle sudden overtaking in this case.
- It minimizes the risk for the customer, their families, and their carers in dealing with challenging behavior, such as wandering, confusion, and madness
- It allows for the development of a person focused methodology in dementia care
- It educates the carers on the changing needs along the continuum of the dementia journey
An estimated 850,000 people in the UK are living with dementia, both analyzed and undetected. About 66% (62%) of dementia suffers have Alzheimer’s disease. Improved training can save more people with dementia at home and in particular, can reduce hospital admission. To learn more about how to consider a home for your loved ones with dementia, call us on 44 1424 211898 or visit :