A stable internet connection is a must-have to perform QuickBooks tasks smoothly on your computer. All the accounting tasks get affected if QuickBooks Error 12152 appears after the internet connection to the server lapses. If you also become a victim of this QB error, go through this blog to understand why this happens and the best methods you can use to terminate the issue.
Fix the error quickly by applying the troubleshooting tricks given by our QB support team at 1-855-856-0042.
You’ll primarily encounter this connectivity error when QuickBooks cannot establish a successful connection with the Intuit servers. The following reasons are responsible for the internet access of QuickBooks getting blocked-
- QuickBooks is blacklisted by the Windows Firewall, restricting it from setting up a connection with the internet.
- An incompatible web browser downloaded from a third-party source can also lead to issues while connecting with web services.
- QuickBooks might also lose its connection to the servers if the internet speed is too low for secure data transfer.
Recommended to read : How to fix QuickBooks Missing PDF Component
Your QB screen will display this error whenever the software’s internet connection lapses and you cannot send emails, invoices, or download the updates. Some of the most reliable methods to resolve the issue are discussed below-
Solution 1- Configure Windows Defender Firewall settings to prevent QB from restrictions
You might face several errors connecting to the internet or accessing system files if you run QBDT with a non-admin Windows account. Windows Firewall can completely restrict the software from running its processes or connecting to the internet. This error code might emerge if you begin the payroll update and the Windows firewall breaks the software’s connection to the internet. You must prevent your QB from getting blocked by setting up the Windows Firewall settings correctly, as shown below-
- Click the Settings icon in the Windows Start menu to launch the control panel on your system.
- Use the search bar to open the Windows Defender Firewall settings.
- Single-tap the Allow an app or feature through Windows Firewall option and search for your QB product in the list.
- Click on QuickBooksXX.exe and hit the Change Settings option.
- Mark the Public & Private checkboxes and select the Save Changes option.
Jump to the next solution if the error appears again when you run QuickBooks.
Solution 2- Choose the system’s default web browser correctly
QuickBooks can also fall prey to errors if the web browser on your system is incompatible with the software and cannot perform its functions. You must always use the original Microsoft browser compatible with QBDT and run best on Windows. Use the following steps to set the correct browser for your system-
- Open the control panel on your computer and click the Apps option.
- Check the left panel and click the Default Apps option.
- Click the Web Browser option and select Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer.
- Run the task again in QB after saving the default browser settings.
We are now at the end of the blog that shares the causes of QuickBooks Error 12152 appearing when the online tasks fail in the software. The blog also provides valuable methods to counter the issue, and we hope you use them to use QBDT flawlessly.
Consult our QB support team at 1-855-856-0042 for further assistance in troubleshooting.
You may read also : What is QuickBooks Backup Failed Issue