QuickBooks Error 557 is an error that takes place when you update or configure payroll. This error can prevent payroll from functioning correctly and might even lead to frequent system crashes. Be careful when it comes to resolving this error, as this error has multiple causes. This can leave you frustrated and in lack of a solution. Reading this blog will provide you with the necessary information that you require to resolve this error.
To learn more about this error, you can reach out to the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.
Causes Of Error 557 In QuickBooks
This error has numerous reasons, and it’s best to diagnose the exact cause of your error to fix this error. Deciding the reason for your error will help you choose the correct approach for the error. Go through the points given below:
- Damaged Windows or QuickBooks files.
- Wrong installation of QuickBooks.
- Partial or inaccurate update of QuickBooks.
- Any virus or malware attack on the Window’s system files.
- Improper configuration of QuickBooks.
Now that you understand the reasons for this error, it’s better to move to the next section that’ll cover the solutions involved.
Also Read – QuickBooks Error 324
Solutions For Payroll Update Error
You should definitely attempt only that solution that’ll help you fix the reason for your error. There’s no one fix that can help you resolve this error completely. It might be a combination of steps. Go through the measures discussed below:
Solution 1: System Restore
You can perform some simple measures to execute system restoration. Doing the system restore can help you fix this error quickly. Go through the steps discussed below:
- First, use an Administrator Account into login to your system.
- You can click on the Start button and then click on Accessories, System Tools, and System Restore.
- Choose a Restore Point that you have built earlier. You can also automatically create restore points by choosing the most recent restore point.
- Click on the Next button.
- Wait until the system restore is in progress.
- After a successful system restore, you can restart the Windows.
- Open QuickBooks one more time.
You can now move to the set of steps if these measures haven’t resolved your error.
Solution 2: Some Additional Points
These points given below aren’t a single solution but certain things you should be careful of. Sometimes implementing these simple measures can go a long way. Go through the steps given below:
- QuickBooks Payroll subscription must be active.
- The payroll tax table must be updated to the latest version.
- After successful Windows restoration, always download and apply the latest updates of QuickBooks to avoid any future errors or issues.
QuickBooks Error 557 can get resolved with the measures stated in this blog. Make sure to execute or perform the steps given carefully. Also, read the causes explained in this blog.
If the problem persists, you can contact the professional team of QuickBooks at 1.800.579.0391.