QuickBooks is used to oversee the finance of small and medium-sized organizations. The software also allows sharing of financial data between workstations via a multi-user network. Unfortunately, users can sometimes run into issues while accessing the company file located on the network. This can be due to software issues or external factors on your PC. QuickBooks error 6175 will come up on your screen when the software fails to establish a connection with the company file. If this error has also forced you to get locked out of your data, go through this blog to understand the reasons for this error and the appropriate ways to tackle it.
QB-related issues can be quickly resolved with the directions given by a support team at 1.855.738.2784.
This company file error is triggered because of the conditions described below-
- The hosting settings in QuickBooks are not appropriately set, and a workstation is running in multi-user mode.
- The company file is suffering from damage due to data corruption in your hard drive.
- The Database Server Manager suddenly stops responding when the software tries to establish a multi-user network.
The methods mentioned below will help to make your company file accessible again-
You May Read Also: How To Fix QuickBooks Error 108
Solution 1- Configure the QuickBooks hosting settings
You can face trouble accessing your company file if the hosting settings aren’t configured correctly in your QuickBooks. Only the server computer should be allowed to run in multi-user mode and host the company file. Suppose a workstation starts running in multi-user mode. In that case, the company file will become inaccessible to all the other systems, and these error codes will flash on the screen whenever an attempt is made to open the company file. Do as per the steps below to avoid this problem while setting up the multi-user network-
- Approach the workstation that developed this error initially.
- Now you have to go to the File menu and select Utilities.
- Tap the Stop hosting multi-user access option.
- Use these steps on all the workstations to stop them from running in multi-user mode.
- Go to your server computer and open Utilities from the File menu.
- Select Host multi-user access from the available options.
- Reboot all the systems after configuring the hosting settings and reopen the company file.
If the error blocks you again while accessing the company file, jump to the following solution.
Solution 2- Run QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to fix the company file
You can face trouble connecting to the company file if it has turned into an unsupported format after suffering damage. You’ll have to repair the company file with the help of the QuickBooks Tool hub as described in the steps below-
- Go to the Company file issues option on the top menu of the QB tool hub.
- Single-click the Run QuickBooks File Doctor tool option in the drop-down menu.
- Click Browse to locate your company file or select it from the available list.
- Enter your QB Admin password to begin the file repair.
- Reopen the file in QuickBooks once it is fully repaired.
The error will not occur after applying the methods given above.
This is the end of our blog, which shares the appropriate reasons for developing QuickBooks error 6175 while accessing a company file. We expect you to execute the methods given in the blog to rectify this QuickBooks error from your PC.
If you need further assistance, dial 1.855.738.2784 to approach a QB support team.
Recommended To Read: How To Resolve QuickBooks Migration from Desktop to Online
1 thought on “User actions required to fix QuickBooks error 6175”